Hazards of time travel / Joyce Carol Oates.
- 5 of 6 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Castlegar Public Library.
0 current holds with 6 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Castlegar Public Library||LP FIC OAT (Text)||35146002116580||Large Print Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780062861009 (paperback : large print) :
- Physical Description: 417 pages (large print) ; 24 cm
- Edition: First HarperLuxe edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : HarperLuxe, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
Time travel and its hazards are made literal in this astonishing new novel in which a recklessly idealistic girl dares to test the perimeters of her tightly controlled (future) world and is punished by being sent back in time to a region of North America, Wainscotia, Wisconsin, that existed eighty years before. Cast adrift in time in this idyllic Midwestern town she is set upon a course of “rehabilitation”, but cannot resist falling in love with a fellow exile and questioning the constrains of the Wainscotia world with results that are both devastating and liberating. Arresting and visionary, Hazards of Time Travel is both a novel of harrowing discovery and an exquisitely wrought love story that may be Joyce Carol Oates's most unexpected novel so far.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Time travel > Fiction.
Large type books.
Wisconsin > Fiction.