Up from freedom : a novel / Wayne Grady.
- 8 of 19 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Castlegar Public Library.
1 current hold with 19 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Castlegar Public Library||FIC GRA (Text)||35146002081594||Fiction||Volume hold||Checked out||12/17/2018|
- ISBN: 9780385685115 (paperback)
- ISBN: 0385685114 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 344 pages ; 23 cm
- Publisher: [Toronto] : Doubleday Canada, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
"Virgil Moody vows to never be like his father, a slaveowner. He moves from Savannah to New Orleans and takes Annie with him. While he comes to think of her as his wife, she reminds him they'll never be equal. When their son Lucas is taken from them, Moody will travel through a country on the brink of civil war searching for Lucas, while trying to reconcile his past sins."--Provided by the publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Race relations > Fiction.
African Americans > Fiction.
Slavery > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.