This house is not a home / Katłı̨à.
"After a hunting trip one fall, a family in the far reaches of so-called Canada’s north return to nothing but an empty space where their home once stood. Finding themselves suddenly homeless, they have no choice but to assimilate into settler-colonial society in a mining town that has encroached on their freedom. An intergenerational coming-of-age novel, This House Is Not a Home follows Kǫ̀, a Dene man who grew up entirely on the land before being taken to residential school. When he finally returns home, he struggles to connect with his family: his younger brother whom he has never met, his mother because he has lost his language, and an absent father whose disappearance he is too afraid to question." -- amazon.com
- ISBN: 9781773635620 (softcover)
- Physical Description: xiii, 192 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Halifax : Roseway Publishing, 
- Copyright: ©2022
Search for related items by subject
- 2 of 3 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Castlegar Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.