The bird tattoo : a novel / Dunya Mikhail.
'The Bird Tattoo' is a powerful novel set over two tumultuous decades in Iraq. Helen and Elias fall in love, marry, and start a family in Sinjar. But their happy existence is shattered when Elias goes missing. A brutal organization is sweeping over the land, its members cloaking their violence in religious devotion. Helens search for her husband results in her own captivity and enslavement. She eventually escapes, but her life is forever changed. Elias remains missing and her sons, now young recruits to the organization, are like strangers. Will she find harmony and happiness again?
- ISBN: 9781639362783
- Physical Description: 268 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Pegasus Books edition.
- Publisher: New York : Pegasus Books, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2022
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Journalists > Fiction.
Disappeared persons > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.
Iraq > Fiction.
- 5 of 5 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Castlegar Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.