The mars room : a novel / Rachel Kushner.
- 14 of 16 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Castlegar Public Library.
1 current hold with 16 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Castlegar Public Library||FIC KUS (Text)||35146002093714||Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781476756554 (hc)
- Physical Description: 338 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
It's 2003 and Romy Hall is at the start of two consecutive life sentences at Stanville Women's Correctional Facility, deep in California's Central Valley. Outside is the world from which she has been severed: the San Francisco of her youth and her young son, Jackson. Inside is a new reality: thousands of women hustling for the bare essentials needed to survive; the bluffing and pageantry and casual acts of violence by guards and prisoners alike; and the deadpan absurdities of institutional living, which Kushner evokes with great humor and precision.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women prisoners > Fiction.